JOB SEARCH READINESS CHECKLIST
How prepared are you to stand out among your competition? Test your readiness with this checklist.
- The top 1/3 of your résumé is a qualifications profile/summary that emphasizes what you can do for the employer.
- Your résumé is specifically targeted for the type of position you’re seeking — a generic résumé won’t do.
- Your resume is accomplishment- and value-focused, aligned with the type of position you are seeking, and not written like a job description.
- You have a fully optimized and keyword-rich LinkedIn profile with proper job search settings on. Studies show 70+% of decision makers/recruiters check LinkedIn to vet or find candidates.
- You are not spending all your time only applying to jobs online hoping someone will call you.
- You know how to get your resume in the hands of a decision maker for desired positions.
- You have researched target companies and are prepared to ask thoughtful questions that show your interest and knowledge of the company.
- You have prepared strategic answers to the question, “so, tell me about yourself” for each interview and each interviewer.
- You have identified both your strengths and weaknesses. You have prepared interview strategies to focus on top strengths needed for the job. You have a plan to address your weaknesses and turn them into positives.
- You have practiced your answers and confident in your speaking skills. You are ready for all types of interviews including AI and/or virtual interviews.
Need help preparing for your job search? Let’s chat! Contact me for a free consultation.